Volg Konsumwaren AG has been relying on Dataphone AG’s warehouse management software since 2005. In order to continue to meet the constantly growing demands of the market in terms of intralogistics, Volg relies on the release update – the latest warehouse management software version LOGIS MOVE.
Industry: Food retail (LEH)
About Volg Konsumwaren AG
- Foundation 1886
- Headquarters Oberwinterthur, Canton of Zurich (CH)
- Leading partner for village stores
- 4,000 employees
- over 586 Volg stores in Switzerland
- 230 outlets of independent retailers
- 111 TopShops at AGROLA service stations
- 927 points of sale supplied
2005 started the cooperation
In order to continue to meet the constantly growing demands of the market in terms of intralogistics, Volg decided to release an update in 2021 – the latest warehouse management software version LOGIS MOVE.
Thanks to a flawless planning phase and a careful testing phase, the release update was implemented error-free within just one night.
Mega rollout in parallel in three distribution centers and six areas
The LOGIS MOVE warehouse management system was put into operation simultaneously at the three Volg distribution centers in Winterthur, Landquart and Oberbipp. The changeover was successful.
Customized WMS Facts
- Batch and MHD management
- Store returns
- Handling of different spare parts cases
- Tour routing
- ABC/XYZ Classification of goods and warehouse
- Master data handling with conversion factors between pieces, liters and kilograms
- Mobile computer
- Forklift terminals
“All points of sale could be supplied without any gaps, without any errors, without any delays. The entire supply chain worked perfectly at all times without any noticeable impact.”Stefan Näf, Management Logistics/Informatics/Services, Volg Konsumwaren AG