What is picking?
Picking is a logistical process that occurs mainly in connection with the storage of goods. It describes the composition of a scope of delivery from various individual articles of the assortment in stock.
In the following, you will learn how such a picking process works.
How does a picking process work?
The order for picking is given by the storer to the warehouse keeper. This so-called picking order contains the desired compilation and lists all desired items. After receiving the order, the following work steps are performed:
- The picker goes to the storage bin of the first item
- The item is taken from the shelf and scanned
- The picker brings the item to the picking location
- Steps 1-3 are repeated until all required items are collected
- The picker combines all items, for example on a pallet, into one shipment
In a fully automated warehouse, the process is similar, except that here the goods come to the man, for example via roller conveyors.
Here you can find our solution for picking!