Warehouse optimization: efficiency gains in various areas?
Time is money, and this is especially true in warehouse management. The key maxim is to raise the storage volume, the picking performance and the associated personnel deployment to an optimum level. This is exactly where warehouse optimization comes in, which includes various measures and rules on how to make these parameters more efficient.
The schematic process of a warehouse optimization in overview:
- As-is analysis of all tasks and benchmarks, including goods transport, empty runs, turnaround times and administrative matters
- Quantification on the unit "time spent per task", "total time" as well as "frequency of a task".
- Identification of unnecessary, duplicate or poorly implemented tasks.
- Analysis of the performance of all devices used as well as their areas of application
- Evaluation of the warehouse stock, including stock movements, storage bin assignments, etc.
- Feedback from employees to show training effort
In short: at the end of warehouse optimization as a process, there are optimized processes and structures that improve the quality of handling, eliminate sources of error and reduce costs.
Click here to go to our warehouse management software