Mobile computers: The basis for mobile data acquisition
Mobile computers (also: mobile computers) are indispensable for making rapid progress within the scope of order picking. In the form of mobile data terminals (MDE), they are used to enable real-time communication between the warehouse management system and the order picker.
Depending on the concept, mobile computers are handheld terminals or integrated into transport equipment such as a forklift. They are used for item matching and are designed to be user-friendly. Typically, mobile computers have a touchscreen display, keyboard or barcode scanner.
Advantages of using mobile computers
- Communication without delay (real-time data exchange)
- Reduction of operator errors in order picking
- Greater flexibility due to elimination of classic picking lists
- Robust design = protection against wear and malfunctions even in adverse working environments
- Easy integration into operational IT infrastructure
- High adaptability due to modular design