Logistics 4.0: Networking is the basis for digitization
Due to the steadily increasing volumes of data underlying logistics processes, highly efficient systems are needed. In this context, Logistics 4.0 means the complete networking of systems and facilities - both internally and along the entire value chain.
Goals of digitization in Logistics 4.0:
- Holistic networking to better satisfy customer needs
- Optimization of warehouse processes to reduce costs
- Reduce sources of error across systems and media
- Greater flexibility in terms of warehouse management
- Greater interaction with suppliers or customers
Important: The logistic performance is achieved, depending on the concept, by means of ERP, warehouse management or so-called supply chain execution systems (SES). They create transparency, bundle information centrally and enable more holistic control. Logistics 4.0 must therefore be viewed differently in terms of scope and degree of integration, but it fundamentally affects all logistics areas.