What are cantilever racks?
Cantilever racking is a type of racking used to store particularly long, heavy or bulky goods. They consist of individual shelf uprights equipped with protruding arms on which the goods are stored. These can be of various designs and spacing to accommodate goods of all weights and sizes. The design allows uncomplicated access.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of cantilever racks?
Like all types of racks, cantilever racks have both advantages and disadvantages.
- Long, bulky and heavy goods can be stored
- Shelf rows can be flexibly set up and loaded
- Shelf can be customized to meet present requirements
- Mostly no optimal use of space
- Higher investment costs for individual production
Cantilever racks are therefore particularly worthwhile for bulky and heavy goods. For example, you can store in them whole machines or large parts such as bars or plates for production, which is not possible with other types of racks.