Warehouse planning by means of software : for maximum flexibility and efficiency
Warehouse planning is critical to success, because only a flexible and scalable warehouse can be adapted to changing consumer and purchasing behavior and other specifications. Software-supported warehouse planning takes a look at the dimensioning, structuring and organization of the respective warehouse capacities. The subsequent detailed planning then focuses on goods handling within the warehouse.
The schematic process in overview:
- Planning and concept development, among other things with reference to material flow data
- Analysis of possible extensions or a retrofit
- Identification of existing optimization potential
- Simulation and emulation of processes and operations
- Adaptation of specific functional areas
- If applicable 3D-supported warehouse planning
Important: A preceding site analysis makes it possible to create a holistic picture of all warehouse-relevant key data and KPIs. This then in turn serves as the planning basis for constant adjustments, extensions and optimizations for warehouse planning using software.