What are Logistics Solutions?
Logistics Solutions are the answers to logistics problems. In recent centuries, the main focus has been on the challenges of mobility. Thus, the railroad was invented, intermodal containers were developed and the Euro pallet was introduced.
Nowadays, logistics solutions are more likely to be found in the digitization of logistics processes. The goal here is usually a more efficient workflow and a long-term reduction in costs. But global networking between logistics providers is also considered Logistics Solutions. For example, collaboration between two companies can benefit everyone involved, including paying customers.
What are the logistics solutions?
Logistics Solutions come in many different forms. Among the most famous and important are:
- The Intermodal Container (and all its versions)
- Loading equipment such as the pallet
- The forklift truck (and other industrial trucks)
- Warehouse management software and other management systems
- Automatic small parts storage
- Digital picking methods
- E-commerce and the associated processes
- Drone deliveries, use of robots