What is e-commerce?
E-commerce is the term used to describe electronic, Internet or online commerce, which involves the buying and selling of goods via electronic connections. Digital commerce can be applied to both the B2C and B2B sectors.
An e-commerce system distinguishes customer and merchant requirements. The customer expectation is a user-friendly system that is easy to use and provides the best possible search results. In addition, the order processing must be easily solved and various shipping and payment methods should be available. For the retailer, the e-commerce system must allow easy integration of new products and a connection to the merchandise management system. The payment and shipping options should have low costs when used.
What advantages does e-commerce offer?
- The purchase process can be made without any delay.
- It enables the exchange of information between the customer and the service provider (by phone or by e-mail).
- 24 hour service
- Fast response time to problems
- Low transaction costs
- Fulfillment of customer needs
- High customer satisfaction