With the latest release of its Warehouse Management System (WMS) LOGIS, Bio Partner Schweiz AG relies on a sustainable and future-proof software of the latest generation.
Dataphone AG’s WMS LOGIS has already been in use at Bio Partner Schweiz AG since 2013. After 7 years of close cooperation, the leading organic retailer decides to continue the successful partnership and use the latest software architecture.
Bio Partner is the leading service provider and wholesaler in the Swiss organic market. It advocates for strong individual organic retailers. Under the motto “fresh, personal, in partnership”, around 300 employees serve customers in the organic trade, retail trade, gastronomy and processing industry with a full range of organic products and services. Bio Partner operates sites in Seon (AG) and Saint-Blaise (NE) and has its own fleet of trucks.
To ensure that all customer segments receive fresh and punctual deliveries of the more than 10,000 items ranging from fresh produce such as fruits and vegetables, pasta and beverages to natural cosmetics and raw materials for the processing industry, a modern, stable and reliable Warehouse Management System (WMS) such as LOGIS from Dataphone AG is required.
Increasing efficiency with the latest Warehouse Management System
The process workshops, at which the operational processes and configuration settings of LOGIS were rechecked and redefined, were followed by intensive system tests. Thanks to a detailed planning phase and close cooperation with the warehouse managers of Bio Partner Schweiz AG, the customer is ready for the release change in November 2020. The new architectural strategy that Bio Partner Schweiz AG is implementing in the course of the release change is particularly exciting.
The LOGIS V21 warehouse management system is now provided in the cloud.
Thus, no own infrastructure is required and the resources are freely scalable. In addition, the customer gains server resilience through the new deployment in a professional cloud. Availability is correspondingly higher.
With the WMS LOGIS version V21, the processes in the field of intralogistics are aligned even more efficiently and become significantly more flexible in order to be best prepared to react to current and future requirements of the industry.
Why a WMS release upgrade?
- Not only business processes are subject to ongoing changes, but also the supporting IT systems must always meet the latest technological, legal and functional requirements.
- A release upgrade reduces system maintenance costs and provides maintenance security for the software in productive use.
- Functional upgrades are included in the new release, allowing customers to easily adapt to the ever-increasing demands of the industry, even with the help of their system applications.
Functional highlights of the LOGIS V21 WMS software
- In addition to batch and best-before date management, the incoming goods process checks a wide variety of inspection criteria, such as: Organic certificates, country of origin, delivery temperature, and much more.
- Collection of several orders from the same suppliers: An excellent solution has been implemented for multiple purchase orders from the same suppliers, allowing simultaneous collection in the goods receipt.
- LOGIS master data handling has a unique handling of conversion factors between pieces, liters and kilograms. Weight recording via electronically linked scales rounds off the range of services.
- Sophisticated putaway strategy: more elaborate logic leads to better putaway proposals. Goods are stored as close as possible to the respective picking location.
- System-generated warnings that inform employees as soon as the remaining life of a product is undercut, incl. the possibility of automated locking, which is enormously helpful.
- Picking end time calculation: This important Key Performance Indicator calculates the expected picking end time incl. the current picking performance per warehouse area and the number of employees used. Inclusion of break times.
- ABC/XYZ Classification of goods and warehouse: For chaotic storage bins, the WMS LOGIS calculates an article qualification based on the goods turnover. For each storage bin, it is necessary to configure to which category the goods belong. Placement proposals are then executed according to these strategies.
- Furthermore, the LOGIS WMS system offers very detailed analytics and KPI capabilities for warehouse managers, supply chain managers or logistics decision makers. Down to the item level, the control station enables maximum transparency and traceability of the flow of goods.
- Outgoing goods: To avoid labor-intensive compaction efforts, LOGIS offers pre-picking of small storage areas with system-guided mergers of the main picking area. Transparent views in the control station allow good monitoring and control of picking progress as well as loading and shipping control.
- The Warehouse Management System LOGIS allows the interaction of manual and conventional logistics processes in a unique way with fully automated equipment. At Bio Partner Schweiz AG, this concerns AutoStore. For the control of automated components, LOGIS has standard interfaces to well-known automated warehouse service providers.
- Thanks to the suitability of the latest mobile hardware (mobile computers, forklift terminals, etc.), Bio Partner Schweiz AG has the opportunity to replace the obsolete hardware running Windows CE.
Undoubtedly, we could continue the list, because the WMS LOGIS has many other plus points.
Dataphone has years of experience in organic retail, as we already serve some market-leading organic retailers. We are therefore familiar with the national and international markets and their requirements. We know what keeps them busy and where current challenges lie.